• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

changing a tiller to a counsel

proplow3

Proplow3, any marine dealer should be able to do this for you. It would also be relativly east to accomplish yourself. You would need a console, preferably one made for your boat, and a steering system. A control box and shift and throttle cable. Then it would only be a matter of mounting the console and control box. Then run the steering, control box, and shift& throttle cables to the engine after the tiller handle is removed. Your eng. should have a steering tube already and the control box wiring should be a plugin connection. The shift and throttle cables should just clip on to the throttle linkage. You will probably have to buy the drag link for the steering cable. But should only be in the $20 range, and if you are lucky you may not have to buy any other parts to connect up. If you do this all yourself it will probably cost in the $800- $1200 range depending on the cost of the console. grin.gif

Are you sure you want to do this ? You might be happier if you trade your boat for same model with console, less work, probably same cost (after you trade in yours).
It's a recent boat, you should get a good value for it.
You could also try to just get a boat already set up for console and keep your motor.

The C*****s catalog has a rough schematic of the kits that are used for that. Those could give you a basic idea of what is involved.

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

I have an 18' Tracker Deep V Pro with a console and I wish it was a tiller! I fish alot of muskie and there have been many times I wish it wasn't there so I could move through insted of around in that space. For trolling I know its way easier to control a tiller forward or backwards. The times I like the console are when its raining and/or windy it's nice to hide behind to drive the boat, less wind in your face and ALOT less water.

------------------
Good Fishing, Al

You could just have a WET boat. I know we had a 95ish Crestliner and it was the wettest dog in the bunch. It really depends on the hull. Even with a console you could still end up soaked.