• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what is best deep cycle for trolling motor

I need 2 deep cycle batteries from my 24v minnkota trolling motor. Any suggestions on the best brand/model to buy- optima- interstate -cabellas? I tried to research this but more I looked at it the more confused I got. Looking for real life reviews on what you might have.

thanks

When the time comes that I have to replace mine, I am going to get some Optimas. I like the AGM type batteries due to the fact that they never leak (and can be mounted in any position) and can take stress a bit better.

From what I've heard about Optima's they are nice and will last you a long time, but for the price of 2 Optima's you probably could get 4 regular deep cycles. Even if they only last half as long you still are breaking even in price. Optima's also have a little less run time for a single charge than the typical 27 deep cycle.

I've been using an Excide Stowaway for a few years now. No complaints. For the most part I think most battery brands of the same type are pretty much the same. I honestly think that aside from which size and type battery you choose, ultimately YOU determine how happy you will be with it. Proper care of batteries is vital to success! I don't think that can be said any better than that.

I have owned about every name out there at 1 time or another. Die Hards have been the best but tough to find, Interstates are easy to get and all I'll use now. I run 29 or 31's on the trolling motor 29 on the motor /electronics. Onboard is plugged in as soon as I get home and left that way untill I fish again.

Personally, I thing Optimas are way over priced. I'm not apposed to spending more money for better quality, but I think there are many batteries on the market that are as good as Optimas for about 1/2 the price.