• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tires?

fishing tech

I have a sportsman 800. I am looking for a good trail, woods, lite mud, and good snow tire. (icefishing) I have been checking and reading now I am looking for user opinions.

Will the mud tires last trail riding?

These are what I am leaning toward.

Maxxis Bighorn

Mudlites

Bearclaws

I have Kenda Bearclaws and I have ran em thru the mud down gravel and asphalt and dirt and grass and well i have nothing to say but good things about them I like Bighorns too but my King quad went thru the same stuff a 700 Polairs with bighorns couldnt maybe its the Suzuki Vs. The Polaris but I doubt it id check into em when you get new Shoes put a picture up of your ride

I have Maxxis Zilla's and they are great in the mud and snow, but kinda stink when you are just trail riding, I always find something to play in though.....

From what my friends say I would recommend stock or upgrade to the Bighorns.

Luckily I kept my stock tires, so I have an option.

I am not a BIG mud guy. More trails and woods and of course icefishing and plowing. I have read that the bearclaws and the bighorns wear very well. I would like it if I need it but I am not out looking for it. It meaning deep mud.

Thanks for the help.

Get the itp terracross. IMO it is the best from ITP, I have ridden wheelers with mud lite XTR, mud lites, and 589's And the terracross were the best all around tire that I have ridden on. The other tires are good in the mud, but are a rough ride on hard pack and are the worst tires to have on the ice. They are good in real deep snow but not the ice. And no the mud tires wont last as long as the all around tires for general trail riding.