• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TRIMEC

gurkster

These temps are going to cause VERY slow death in weeds.

With the products I use, I will start to see death of Dandelions about 1 hour after I spray, but it takes 3-4 days right now.

We need sun and warm temps to see quick results.

Just wait.

If you don't see anything in 3 weeks, then you can try again.

I have a yard full of crabgrass, dandelions, and a handful of other pesky weeds. I've been spot spraying Weed-B-Gone for a few weeks but I can't keep up. I've borrowed a tractor and 25 gallon sprayer and want to spray the entire lawn. What product should I get - 2,4-D. Trimec, or something else? I'm hoping the rain holds off so I can apply tonight.

If you can find some good old fashioned 2,4-D I'd use that to take care of all your broad leaf. It seem like the weed-b-gone stuff that is available in stores now is a very weak solution. Be careful of any flowers or other landscaping when broadcasting with a boom sprayer.

Well I went to the CO-OP and the guy said the 2,4-D would kill everything except the crabgrass & the Trimec would take care of everything so I went with that. Now I just need the wind to settle down and the sun to come out. Could be awhile.

Can I use trimec and not worry about the dog running around?

I believe it states that it's OK onces it's dry. I like to give it a few days for my peace of mind, though, especially if I'm spraying the whole lawn (versus spot spraying).