• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I don't own a dog, but my yard is full of %@$%@!

mixxedbagg

So, I've only lived at my new place for a few weeks, and already I'm cleaning dog feces out of my yard every other day. I know there are a lot of dog walkers around, and most of them probably clean up after their dogs--which is the law--but I believe there are at least 2 different individuals that are letting their dog use my yard as a toilet. It's disgusting, I shouldn't have to clean it up, and I don't want my son tracking it in when he plays in the yard. Unfortunately, I think I know who one of the offenders is but have not been able to catch the other. What goes through the heads of people who think this is OK? If you own a dog, the feces should be YOUR problem and belongs in your yard, not mine.

Anyway, I thought I'd ask a bunch of dog owners how I might best deal with this since I'm not actually seeing it happen. I wouldn't want to hurt the dog when the owner is the problem! If I can't catch them, how do I send these slobs a message? Currently, I purchased a bunch of those little marker flags and I'm sticking one next to each pile with the words, "RUDE DOG OWNER" sharpied on each....but I'd rather not have to keep buying flags!

I may be wrong about this but if your for sure about the people who's dog is doing that it would be best to confront them in a civil way.

I guess if that doesn't add up and your positive about who it is then bag it, tag it, and leave it on their doorstep.

Its very poor of them to leave that kind of mess and give the rest of us who have dogs a bad name.

Your not suppose to train your dogs to [PoorWordUsage] in your neighbors yard? whistle

I would just go and talk to them if you know who the owners are. Try the calm and nice way first to bring the problem to their attention. If it continues then the brown bag of dog [PoorWordUsage] on fire might work grin I'm glad you realize its the incompentent owners fault over the dogs though. Hopefully it stops since you definatly should not have to deal with it.

I had that same problem. Neighbor dog was allowed to run free and roam around wherever he pleased. Dog dropped it, I bagged it, wrote a short sweet note saying that if I wanted to step in dog sh1t I'd get my own dog, please respect my yard and keep your dog off of it. Then I placed it in the junk mail box/newspaper slot below the actual mail box. Maybe I should have talked to them first, but I wasn't having a great week and stepping in a fresh deuce pile didn't help matters.

Or you could pull a me, myself and Irene and squat in there yard while reading the morning newspaper.

I have 2 dogs and clean up after all the time, but people in my neighborhood think they can use my yard for their dogs. So If see someone letting their dog use my yard, I keep the plastic shopping bags in my garage and grab one and step out and politlely ask if they have a bag or need one. Have never had them not clean up after that. A couple times of that and they learned to keep them off my yard, and clean up after their dog.

I would put a bunch of plastic bags in like a cardboard box or something, and leave it near where the offenders offend. Maybe write something on the box that pertains to the fact that if they can't control their dog, at least use one of these bags to take their waste with them. Too nice? Probably. But maybe it would be the best way to get the point across.

You know, I'm not sure who the "key" offender is, so I need to establish guilt! I had actually thought of the trail cam thing...are deer hunters generally willing to lend these things out? I'd love to have photos...I think it's either happening when I'm at work or at night. I'm feeling reasonably sure about the night thing, 'cause we always have a car in the driveway which makes it look like we're home...unless it's the type of person who doesn't even care about that! Thanks.