• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SCIII warranty?

Yesterday en route to the honey hole my roomate's foot broke an SCIII blank I had tied into a jigging rod last year. The rod will be replaced either way but before I collect from my roomate I figured Id see if St. Croix still has any sort of warranty for the SCIII (avid) blanks. It's one of the few rods that I actually put the blank id sticker on too. Good thing, maybe. I'll probably send an e-mail to the company but figured there'd be somebody here in the know. I heard a rumor that only the SCV and SCIV blanks are covered these days, but I'm not sure. So who's gonna replace the blank? St. Croix or my roomate?

A friend broke an SCII a while back and they gave them a new tip for shipping and handling and a small fee, I can't remember what it was tho. I am sure they will do something, just probably not totally free.

Your buddy will be paying for a new blank. They do not cover neglect or misuse. If it was a factory rod you he might have some luck on the replacement/repair. I'd give them a call anyway to see what they say, good folks up there in Park Falls and maybe they will give you a deal on a new blank.

your room mate is going to replace his rod. His negligence - his fault. Why should St. Croix? Thats why rods cost $300 these days..... paying for damages they don't owe.

I know where you are coming from though...my room mate totaled his car out once due to his own negligence and brought it back to the manufacturer and asked them to give him a new one too.