• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can finally buy a wheeler

HooknHorns

Looking at buying a wheeler for utility and hunting. My question is has any of you riders purchased one from a dealer that sells auction units still in crate? What kind of condition and if theres any warranty still on 2009s. They seem real cheap compared to other dealers. So is it too good to be true? Would like some info before making a 2 hr trip to be disapointed. Thanks

I've asked dealers in the past if it was possible to purchase a machine still in the crate and was told no. I was told that machines have to go through a dealer prep/setup for insurance reasons (liability).

Any carry over machines will have the full factory warranty. Length of warranty depends on brand.

I would just call the dealers of the brand you are interested in and ask about their carry-overs.

I purchased a brand new 2007 a month ago, saved almost 2k off of the new price.

I was a little worried about resale, but i will probably keep it for a long time.

They only gave me 3 month warranty, but had additional ones to purchase.

I guess the one i just got is a 2008.5 Can am and was a Holdover and got about $1700 off plus $250 in free accesories and a 3.5yr warranty. some good deals if you find a holdover they need to get rid of. Good luck and let us know what ya pick up.

I read in a motorcycle mag that Suzuki is hush hush about releasing anything for 2010. It's a little late now. mad There has been some questions about Suzuki's longevity in this economy. Do I even dare say there was talk of Volkswagen taking interest in Suzuki? shocked

With that said, you can probably find an excellent deal on a Suzuki. They do build a great machine.