• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What makes a good Reputation?

B.R.O.

Hey all, Been a lurker for a long time. I just bought my first aluminum boat. Its a 2001 Lund sport adventurer 1650 WITH A two cycle 90 Yamaha. I really like the reputation behind the Lund boats and the yamaha motors but is it all hype? Can anyone that knows more about it tell me the differences in materials or manufacturing that make these a superior product? They cant have the higher price than their competitors and be so successful for nothing can they? I was always taught that you get what you pay for and if you spend the extra money on quality you will never be disappointed down the road. Please dont make this a chevy-vs-ford type thing and maybe guys that have ownership experience can chime in?

With Lund and other high priced boats, like Northlander said, its going to be the fit, finish, quality of materials and engineering behind the boat. The cheaper boats will always be lacking in one if not more of those areas.

The Evinrude/Yamaha/Mercury/Honda reputations is just like the Ford/Chevy/Dodge/Toyota reputations. They all make great motors/vehicles, all have had lemons and all have had bulletproof motors/vehicles. Jow Schmoe will never notice the difference between them, other than the sticker slapped on the outside. You will find people who absolutly despise a certain brand and you will find others who absolutly love the same brand.

IMO, buying a motor or car is more of a cr@ps shoot than anything. More than likely you will get a motor or car that will perform to your liking and be dependable. But there is a small chance you will get something that will give you headache after headache, and that's usually the only time you hear anything out of the owners.

Its important to do your research when buying anything like this, because all manufacturers have had their good years and bad years, along with their good models and bad models.

Well anyway, I'm rambling, good luck with the new boat. It sounds like you made a good decision. Have fun!

Hey all, Been a lurker for a long time. I just bought my first aluminum boat. Its a 2001 Lund sport adventurer 1650 WITH A two cycle 90 Yamaha. I really like the reputation behind the Lund boats and the yamaha motors but is it all hype? Can anyone that knows more about it tell me the differences in materials or manufacturing that make these a superior product? They cant have the higher price than their competitors and be so successful for nothing can they? I was always taught that you get what you pay for and if you spend the extra money on quality you will never be disappointed down the road. Please dont make this a chevy-vs-ford type thing and maybe guys that have ownership experience can chime in?

You buy a new rig and then ask what others think of the quality? Don't you think you're kind of setting yourself up to be disappointed? I think the questions you're asking are better suited before you buy. You've done the research and made your decision, be happy with it and let it show you it performs up to your expectations. I'm sure it will.

B.R.O.

Welcome,

Congrats on the boat purchase.

I have looked at all the manufactureres boats, and the quality is there across the board, or they wouldn't be in business.

I bought a new Lund last year, not just because it was a Lund, but because I liked the way the boat was laid out, the live well location, storage space... And I like Lund quality.

I was at Cabela's yesterday looking at the boats that they had for sale and I liked them but would still rather have my Lund.

Yes Lund is a little higher priced then the others, but the resale value is a little bit higher as well.

So have fun with your boat and don't second guess your purchase.

WW