• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new favorite crappie jig

I was at Gander Mountain last night looking for something new to try and get some minnows and I ran across some great jigs by Hali. The are just a treble hook with some glow martial globed in the center. I put one on last night with a minnow hooked through the back with a small split shot above it they were loving it. I caught almost all my fish on it last night. They have them in different sizes too, I wish I would have found them earlier this year so I could have put one on a tip up with a fathead. Just had to share because I have never seen anything like it before and it worked to good. I think I might use some this summer.

I would like to see a picture of it. the glow material may be enough to meet the definition of artifical lure but with out seeing it I can't say one way or the other. just to be safe and save your self getting a ticket just add the spinner blade within 3 inches of the hook and then there would be no possible issues with the set up.

I seen this lure too at Mills Fleet Farm South_metro....to me its the same as a jiggin rap so I don't see what the big deal is. I was going to buy it cuz it was in the bargin bin for 75% off but it was to big for crappies and perfect for walleye, and the walleye season was coming to and end so I passed. But interesting to hear the smaller ones work for the crappies!

I have a mini perch color jig rap that looks a lot like these. There is no problem using them in Minnesota unless it is just the treble without the minnow body in the link. It is a great scouting lure with a flasher. Put some euros on the belly hooks and they work great on sunfish. I even caught some nice walleye up at LOTW with the small rap.

I too would contact a DNR officer. If your just using the hook it could be some grey area. The DNR claims that a treble hook can not be used as a lure. This one does have a glob of something and color.. Often times people add a small spinner blade to make it legal.. Not sure if a small glob of pain would work?

I just would hate for you to get in trouble using it, and have it be against our game laws..