• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

10 foot and 12 foot long crappie rods

Sorgy

Guy's,

Looking for input on some of the long crappie poles out now days. I saw them last season at GM and there were several different brands. Fighting fish would be great on these rods.

How is the casting ability with these vs the old 6'6" lite action or medium lite action rods?

They seem to be priced pretty good.

Thanks

Steve

i've made my own long rods by taking a fly rod blank (usually 8 feet, but my uncle has a 9 footer) and adding handle and guides.

I love them, although i can't speak to the commercial ones. Cast stuff a mile and they are pretty sensitive

I bought a 12' crappie pole from the big C in Rogers through the on-line store for 45 bucks B&M crappie rod I think......I can't wait to use it as it is sensitive and I have seen them in use and they cast great and they are a riot to use!!! I mainly bought it for the cabin and fishing the docks so I could stay off the docks and still drop my lure in front of the crappies hanging around the boat lifts

Thanks for the responses. I forgot about this thread. Anyone prefer the 12' over the 9-10" rods? It will be open water before you know it.

I saw one guy icefishing on Peltier Lake in Centerville this afternoon--- I think he was one brave soul.

I bet ther is some ice out on these metro lakes in the next 10 days.

Steve

I bought a 10" ML Shimano Clarus last fall for vertical jigging walleyes, it has pretty slow action, but I intend to give it a try on panfish this spring. Probably load it up with some small diameter Fireline to compensate for the soft tip.