• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Snow Tires

Chad Luebker

Hello -

I have a 2007 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI Deluxe. It has the original/standard tires on it. I use it a LOT for ice fishing so I am wondering what kind of tires would be the best for snow? I guess I should just say what are the best snow tires?

Thanks,

Chad

I've got an '07 X2 and the stock tire is the Carlisle's. They've been really good in the snow for me. Got stuck a couple times in the "X-mas" snow of '09, but that's the only time in 3 years I've had trouble with anything (and I don't know that I would've had any better luck with a different tire).

Don't know if that's what you have on yours or not, but it's worth a look.

it's a 2000, but used and abused and still runs good. very reliable is for sure! almost 4000 miles on it now and none of them where easy riding. even though it is small i have never have run out of power before running out of traction.

I'd like to upgrade to a newer 400 or 500 to gain some ground clearance though. it'd be useful this year on the lake with all the snow. tires are only as good as the ground clearance you have!

I've also got a Cat 300, its been a pretty good machine. Was really cold blooded until I had some valve work done. It has eatn up quite a few wheel bearings though, both front and back. Those rubber boots around the cv shafts always seem to find a way to tear. All and all a good machine and super light-weight which makes it nice when it does get stuck to jus lift it up and ur unstuck!