• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Virus

minneman

Yea, It got me, the name of the virus is klez, there is a fix it tool on the symantec site, i first noticed something wrong when i kept getting returned mail notices and i hadnt even mailed anyone, supposedly does no pc damage, just makes you get mad at who sent it to you, even tho its not their fault.

The virus was sent to my e-mail account that doesn't have any form of screening so I forwarded it to my other e-mail account and it deleted the harmful part of the e-mail and warned me that it had contained a malicious virus. I would suggest picking up any new updates if you don't have any e-mail services that can do the house cleaning for you.

Just wanted to let everyone know there might be a new virus circulating. It was sent to me yesterday From: "Source". It has an attachment and the subject is just a bunch of random letters. Hopefully all is well with the PC and it didn't do any damage.

thanks for the warning, we took time to have our virus shield scan and fix any virus--we found none --it was a good day to get rid of cookies and defrag anyway--4" of snow on sat kept us indoors smile.gif

I just recieved an email from a bassn05 who I think is from the forums(not totaly sure but the name sounds familiar) and the file sent cotained a virus. Luckily my system caught it before I had the chance to open it. Just thought I'd warn everyone. Later! mad.gif

Jimmy

I did a search and the bassn05 email virus does not pertain to the forums at all. Sorry, I thought I had seen that username before on here. I was just concerned for the safety of everyones computer. It can be very frustrating to have your computer messed up by someones idea of a joke. Later.

Jimmy

Pwaldow, just delete these files in quarantine, they are unrepairable and useless.

I receive at least 8 to 10 emails per day with that virus, it's a job keeping quarantine empty.

These viruses email themselves out, without computer owner knowledge. If there was still enforced Public Hanging, I will put it in effect for whoever write a virus.

But how will they sell antivirus software if there were no viruses ??? Could be a thought.... grin.gif