• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

theft at french lake landing

I will not be fishing today due to some s.o.b stealing my trailer off my truck last saturday while i was out fishing. I prefer to travel on my 4-wheeler over the ice than my truck giving me more options. But not any more. What really sucked is that i had to try to find a friend with a trailer that was home noon saturday to drive 70 miles to get me. If anyone saw them between 9:30 and 11:00 am saturday feb 06 reply back. I want to get out fishing again. I was driving a grey chev silverado with a black topper.

I don't think a landing in this part of the state could be more isolated then the landing on French Lake.

You should park your truck on the lake near the landing so it is in clear view of the lake. You could park 50yds out from the landing and not me in water deeper then knee deep.

Good luck on getting you trailer back.

I pulled in my driveway last night to find a strange car parked in the street. A guy who I have never met before walked across my driveway and asked if he could borrow my trailer(which was just sitting next to the garage) to take it to minneapolis. I wrote down his plate number, told him no, then he drove off. I am assuming he wanted to steal it in that fog we had last night. I put the trailer inside so no one could get to it. (Please read forum policy)

I pulled in my driveway last night to find a strange car parked in the street. A guy who I have never met before walked across my driveway and asked if he could borrow my trailer(which was just sitting next to the garage) to take it to minneapolis. I wrote down his plate number, told him no, then he drove off. I am assuming he wanted to steal it in that fog we had last night. I put the trailer inside so no one could get to it. (Please read forum policy)

To me, that's a spooky story right there. Sounds to me like you caught a guy in the act of scoping your property out and you never just know what else. I would've called the police/sherriff immediately.

Yes a mn castle doctrine would be sweet I think it would be a deturent to at least peoples property on their property.

wow, I'm not in law enforcement but tresspassing rings a bell, that man's lucky he tried that stunt in MN and not TX

I alway lock my receiver to my truck and lock the ball release on the trailer too. I even lock my trailer release when it is parked at my home not attached to my truck. I thought maybe I was paranoid, but this story makes it seem worth the effort now.

A few years back we had around 10 boats around my area broken into right in our yards. They went right under my boat cover and must have used flash lights and stole everything they could take. I don't leave anything valuable in the boat even in my own yard any more. When I park over night away from home, I lock all tackle and rods in the back of my truck.

It sucks these scum make us go through these extra precautions.

You would have a hard time charging him with trespassing, as he approached me, asked for permission to borrow it, then left when denied.

true but at least the authorities would have been aware of the situation, odds are they probably already would have known the suspect we are talking about