• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Saturday, February 13th Ride

MNUser

Anybody going out for a ride on Saturday? I see the Alex area got 6/7+ with more down by Glenwood with 11. I bet the drifting is wonderful. Anybody up for a ride down that way? Myself and my 12 year old boy are up to trailering them down that way this weekend.......

Anybody going out for a ride on Saturday? I see the Alex area got 6/7+ with more down by Glenwood with 11. I bet the drifting is wonderful. Anybody up for a ride down that way? Myself and my 12 year old boy are up to trailering them down that way this weekend.......

MNUser, so are you thinking of maybe keeping the sleds now? Maybe you should "ride it out" pun the rest of this year, you may get more for them next fall before it snows anyway! It sounds like gregg52 is trying to get a group together for another northshore ride before it all melts. Maybe you and your son can come up for a ride. It was sweet up there last weekend! wink

We rode 100 miles last week around the McGregor area. Nice trails. We were looking at going someplace this weekend. We may have to go south and chase the larger snowfall totals from the last storm.

My kid really wants to keep them since it costs nothing to keep them.

We rode 100 miles last week around the McGregor area. Nice trails. We were looking at going someplace this weekend. We may have to go south and chase the larger snowfall totals from the last storm.

My kid really wants to keep them since it costs nothing to keep them.

Kid's are always smart, with Dad's money! Sounds good! smile

Man I wish you guys were closer, would love to hook up with a few of you guys and play in the snow. Planty of snow down here in NW Iowa if you guys run out of white stuff. About 30" on the ground, we have gotten 56" for the season nd I'm sure more to come.

I was going to be in the osakis area on Saturday. I wouldnt mind hooking up for a ride over there, let me know.

frogtosser, thanks for the offer but I maybe trying to catch a few eye's up in Brainard Sat, before it closes in a few weekends.

frogtosser,

We may be going down on Saturday. We are waiting to hear from buddy who might be down on Sunday. Will find out today.

If we make it down on Saturday, we are open to meeting up. Our plan was to unload at the inlaws house on Miltona and ride from there but that is not etched in stone.

Went down the Alex area yesterday and the trails were great. There is WAY more snow around that area than what is in Brainerd. Rode around 75 miles or so. Well marked trails.

Heading down again next weekend. Going to go a little further south this time. The further south you go the more snow there is.

I ended up having to work 13 hrs on Saturday, so no riding for me. Leech how did the eye fishing go? MNUser how much further south were u thinking of going? Are there some good trails with hills and woods?

frogtosser, first time I have ever gotten Skunked in the winter up on Pelican! frown I did have one very nice one on for a few minutes right at sun down, but I was using a light crappy rod and 4lbs test line as a dead stick. I had that rod bent in half and just could not get a good hook set and lost it! frown I had a lot of nice big red bands on the Vex come up and look, but they just would not go for it! I went over to Big Trout on Sat, and got 5-6 little Lakers. The last one came out of 90' feet! All to small to keep but it was fun. Not sure if the over 100 snowmobiles running around the lake made a diff, on the fish or not. But man was it a nice day up there!! cool

frogtosser,

I think we are going to unload in Garfield and go down and do the Runestone loop back to Garfield. Grab lunch and then do something around the Garfield area. Maybe up to Inspiration Point.

Lots of snow down that way. Fun area to ride. Some trails in the woods and some across open fields. The lakes were good but I'm always a little cautious when I do not know the area. We rode on Miltona a bit but stayed close to shore.

frogtosser,

I think we are going to unload in Garfield and go down and do the Runestone loop back to Garfield. Grab lunch and then do something around the Garfield area. Maybe up to Inspiration Point.

Lots of snow down that way. Fun area to ride. Some trails in the woods and some across open fields. The lakes were good but I'm always a little cautious when I do not know the area. We rode on Miltona a bit but stayed close to shore.

Mn, other then more snow. Isn't riding around Alex, a lot like Brainard with a lot of lake, ditchs, and roads to cross?

Yea. The trails we rode did not go across any lakes. We would have liked to ride some but with a 12 year old along I try to stay away from areas I do not know well.

We did cross a lot of roads. We will ride again this coming weekend. We will try to ride some other trails and see what they are like.