• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Its offical - spring is on its way - Baseball!

Dbl

My favorite time of the year has arrived! My first baseball of the year. First time shooting baseball with the 7D. The camera did great, fast focus and good high ISO. These all were taken with the 7D, 300/2.8 IS, ISO 5000, 1/2500s normal noise reduction in camera. No outside noise reduction applied!

I tried to pick something a bit out of the ordinary for shots rather than stock action except for the first few shots.

#1 180 degree pano with 7 shots. Need to see this on a wide-screen monitor at a large size. Sorry for the wider than normal size if you have a smaller monitor!

781915606_gbmFo-XL.jpg

#2 Same shot with graphics added.

781915555_5xoAx-XL.jpg

#3 Close play!

781916228_AzWSa-L.jpg

#4 Easy play

781916070_gPFgY-L.jpg

#5 Where is his arm!

781916150_DKK7G-L.jpg

#6 Stock BOB (ball on bat) shot. Had a few today, unusual for early season shooting for me.

781916344_o7Dpa-L.jpg

#7 Just a different framing with the pitcher looking the runner back.

781915977_gZWXG-L.jpg

#8 Unusual slide and tag into second.

781915687_uFPTF-L.jpg

#9 Just a bit wide on the throw to first.

781915795_BWzGv-L.jpg

#10 And last, following the catcher to grab a pop up in front of the plate and the pitcher came in and scared the heck out of the catcher to make the catch! Fooled the guy with the camera as well as you can see.

781915863_2hJuM-L.jpg

Thanks Ken, you know how it is when it gets in the blood! The 7D did a beautiful job. I have noticed that you really must use a high quality lens with this camera to bring out the best in it. It did make a trip to Canon a few weeks ago and its been behaving nicely since then. I even shot a couple of video clips with it!