• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

about time to get fishing back on the mind

as the subject says...i am not an ice fisher at all. pretty much any other time of the year but winter.
i remember a few of the names from last summer.
hope to make it to the red river cat get together in Sept as i live less than an hour from the red in thief river falls.
well
that is about it for now
Monty

Welcome Back Monte, I don't ice fish either. I keep telling myself every year that I'm going to try it but I never do. Its time to get warm now even though all day we have been having some pretty bad winter weather. Time for spring and winter decides to finally come. <><Mary><>

i've always got fishing on my mind!!! just have to settle for going out and hugging the boat once in a while!! spring is almost here. got the bass pro catalog almost worn out!! it is time!! del

ok Del mayb i did not phrase that just right.
i do have fishing on the brain 24/7, but during the winter it is not at the front of the brain. now it is time to move it towards the front.
Monty

I do ice fish a little but open water is on my brain all year round!I am dying to get out there now.I have the boat 90% ready to go and she'll be out on the river bfore the lakes thaw.I just can't wait!

Hi Monte: Ice fishing would be fine if you could do it in 70 degree weather - so I will settle for the summer fishing. Which I was really getting excited about until last weekend! We now have more snow than we had all winter in our yard and Saturday it was really miserable here. So I guess I will just have to keep reading my In-Fisherman magazine for now and prodding the husband to get the new floor in the boat before he has to go back to work. Where are those sun gods?

------------------
Phyl

i know
we got alot of snow in the last few days here.
way more than all winter.
i had heard stories of open water on rivers and was getting pretty stoked.
then we get snow and sub zero temps.
oh well
will be that much sweeter when it do get here.
Monty