• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Giants Ridge trails

catchphoto_filet

I am heading up to giants ridge on the 12th of Feb and was wondering what trails are worth riding and to where? I have a polaris xl widetrack trail sled and have never even taken it trail riding before. I dont have anyone to go with besides the ole lady. anything that I should be concerned about? as far as I know I just need to purchase a trail permit? any other papers id need? Thanks for the info...My sled I just use for ice fishing havent taken it out trail riding before so Im kinda a newbe at that aspect.

There are some really nice trails around there and I would recommend riding north towards Tower-Ely. Destinations for eats and drinks- Vermilion Club on lake vermilion, Benchwarmers in Tower, and many others... You should be able to pick up a trail permit and map at any ELS dealer or online. It would be a good idea to review basic trail riding safety...using proper hand signals help keep everyone safe. I also think the lodge rents sleds if you need. Have fun!

catchphoto

you said you were going to ride alone spose to be some people going a week before up in that same area you would be welcome to

join

i think its in the same area

you could check with leech

he posted the tread lookin for a group to ride with here

I am heading up to giants ridge on the 12th of Feb and was wondering what trails are worth riding and to where? I have a polaris xl widetrack trail sled and have never even taken it trail riding before. I dont have anyone to go with besides the ole lady. anything that I should be concerned about? as far as I know I just need to purchase a trail permit? any other papers id need? Thanks for the info...My sled I just use for ice fishing havent taken it out trail riding before so Im kinda a newbe at that aspect.

We are trying to get some guys together next Sat, Feb 6th for a ride up on the Northshore meeting at a Bar just before you get into Finland MN up hwy 1 off 61. I am going to post a new posting and roll call maybe this Sunday night to see who wants to go. We startd this about 3 weeks ago when a bunch of people were pumped up to go riding, but with the crappy weather the last few weekends I think some are backing out maybe? But I heard they got some nice snow, so lets go! laugh Leech~~