• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new boat ?

Kodiak

i am looking to purchase a new boat this year, i am looking at the lund predator 1610 with a 75hp 4stroke. it is about 18 out the door with no electronics...seems kinda steep to me.

what is a good place to find a boat of this size like a crestliner or lund and what would one expect to pay for one?

you might want to look at yarcrafts site they had some non current on there i think they 17something or other

you could probably haggle a pretty good deal

then you have something even if it was a little more

18 sounds like a lot..no locators..trolling motor????

and get an e tec...power to spare

I have the 1625 Rebel XL SS w/ F75 Yammy. Very similar layout with the same exact hull. Bought it in 2008, so prices may have gone up some since then. I got a fair number of extras installed at around that price, but then again prices may be higher than 2 years ago.

Extras were 55 lb Power Drive with AP/US, aft flip up seats (kinda like the flip up seats in Pred), 3rd pedestal seat for bow, mooring cover, trim gage, etc. Standard sonar on console. Some dealers were firm, some moved the price quite a bit and gave me the boat I wanted. Shop around!

I think you would like the boat. Should do 39 or 40 with stock prop.

Look around for non-current. In 04 I bought a carry over 17' Mr.Pike '03 yammy 90hp and an '03 traier. Had rebates on all of them. $13129.00. They had it advertised with a 4 stroke for a few thousand more but I wanted a 2 and they were happy to give me the two. It is dual counsel and I added my own elec and 2 trolling motors. I went to Bemidji to buy it I called as soon as I seen it in the outdoor paper and put money down to hold it without seeing it. I was looking for a 17' Explorer before I found my boat and the Mero dealers got beat hands down by the northren dealers.

ya i hafta believe if one is patient and take your time in this economy you can find some pretty good deals weather it be a dealer or private party

i also bought mine non current 2 yrs later its worth what i paid

for it take your time but also get what you want even if it is 13k

still alot of money dont want to be 2nd guessin yourself in july

Sorry but Rapid sport group is not the only metro lund dealer. Nelson Marine sells Lund and Alumacraft and will hang any of the brands of Outboard off the back (maybe not Suzuki?). I had an excellent experience with them and cross shopped Rapid, as well as Cabelas for Alumacraft. There also might be others?

Not trying to start a controversy here, but Greg is a Yarcraft only kind of guy. Great brand that I'm VERY impressed with, but if you want a Lund get a Lund. I love mine!

A new Alumacraft Navigator 175 with 115 for $18k sounds like a stretch to me. If you could get a deal like that, it would be tough to pass up. I had a Classic CS with 75 and some options priced in the 17's so this seems too good to be true?

I bought a year old alumicraft back in 2002 and saved almost 4K over the same lund. I shopped all over and everyone told me the same thing...cuz its a lund. Well i went with the alumicraft to save the $$ and it is every bit the boat that the lund is. A buddy had the same lund and it was the same boat, only I got a 4 stroke for the same price he paid for a 2 stoke. I also got the electronics and trolling motor, he got nothing. This economy I would shop them hard and let them know you are shopping them, why not use it to your advantage. Keep a good record of what each place is offering and make a good decision. !3 or 14K might not be alot of cash to some, its a freaking ton of $$ to me. I loved my boat, but really shop and you can get a good deal. If I had it to do over i would get another alumicraft most likely.

solbes,

That must have changed since last year, when I was looking for dealers from the Lund site they only had Rapid listed for the metro.

This is my second Lund and when I went to the sport show last spring I kept going back to the Lunds, Crestliner is an excellent boat as well, Guy's speak well of Alumacraft.

Kodiak,

Tin boats are going to be a little rougher riding in rough water then glass.

Lund it seems is the gold standard for tin boats, everyone compares themselves to Lund, and I like my Lund, if I had to do it over again I would still buy the same boat I have right now.

Look at the manufacturer's web sites make a list of features you want and then look at how those features are incorporated in to the boat.

Then you will find the exact boat you want and for the price you are willing to pay.

There are a multitude of Aluminum boat makers out there and most are great boats, you will find the right boat for you with a little research and leg work.

WW

1725 Rebel SS 75 HP 4s-$17499

1675 Pro Guide Tiller 60hp 4s-$16999

1750 Outfitter side console 50hp 4s-$15999

1650 Sport Angler 90hp 4s-$16499

1750 Fishhawk 90 hp 4s-19499

all at one dealer

1750 outfitter ss 90 2s with lowrance and minnk bow mount-$17985 at another.

All listed in the Outdoor paper same place I found mine and same dealer,

Kodiak,

Tin boats are going to be a little rougher riding in rough water then glass.

Lund it seems is the gold standard for tin boats, everyone compares themselves to Lund, and I like my Lund, if I had to do it over again I would still buy the same boat I have right now.

Look at the manufacturer's web sites make a list of features you want and then look at how those features are incorporated in to the boat.

Then you will find the exact boat you want and for the price you are willing to pay.

There are a multitude of Aluminum boat makers out there and most are great boats, you will find the right boat for you with a little research and leg work.

WW

Agreed

as sobles said...i'm a yar craft kinda guy

but what hawk had to say there is good advice shop shop

you have nothing but time right now

i actually had money down on a skeeter and was going that route but couldnt sleep that night

so the next day i called the yar craft guy and said heres the deal made him squirm but got the deal i wanted and a good one it was a non current but few more options and bigger boat

plus all the warrentys actualy the motor warreny was 2 yrs longer

so make them come to you...your bout to spend alot money kinda figure out what you want and be careful listening to salesmen

or any body on here( including me ..lol) its your money

on another note think about how big of water you fish if you are on 5000 acres lake and smaller tin is fine if you fish bigger water at least price a few glass boats

weather it be 17k or 35k its alot of money !!!!

well did some shopping this weekend, i found a 2010 alumacraft navigator 165 sport with the full windsheild and a non too fancy lowrance, suzuki 90 no troller for 17900. I like the boat a ton better than the predator, but i still think there is room there to come down.

i will be using for smaller lakes, metro lakes and going to down to okoboji, it will most likely spend all its time on waconia and minnetonka.

Kodiak,

Non-Current New will save you some money, Probably is very little difference between the 09 and 10 boats or motors.

My motor is a 07 on an 08 boat that I bought last spring.

After adding the 4th seat mooring cover and port council trailer is an 09 and they rigged my lcx-25c to boot, paid about 5000.00 less then an 09 boat motor and trailer.

The delers are hurting with sales down 30% over the last 2 years, you're not going to get it if you don't ask for it, and remember all they can say is no.

For 17,900 they should be throwing in the trolling motor, rigged with batteries, and I'd go for a cover as well for that price. Just seems high for a 16.5' boat.

WW