• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can Non Rez spear in SD?

ac777

with the laws that changed in Minnesota to allow non res.spearers we should be able to spear other states than our own. but I am not possitive on this. so when in doubt call the CO in this case the SD DNR or see if they have a question and answer section on their web site like Minnesota does.

Sorry I couldnt give you a deffinate answer

Blue Dog was wrong. I was thinking of Rush Lake. Here is the list of eastern SD lakes that spearing is allowed. (copied from sd game and fish regs)

-Eastern SD Lakes & Streams

Dates: June 15-Feb. 28

Waters: North and South Rush lakes (Day Co.),

North and South Scatterwood lakes (Faulk &

Edmunds Co.), James River (Brown & Spink

Co.), Lakes Whitewood, Preston & Spirit

(Kingsbury Co.), Lake Albert (Kingsbury & Hamlin

Co.), Mary, John & Norden (Hamlin Co.), &

Timber & Turtle Creek below the Redfield Dam

(Spink Co.)

Species: All game fish species except paddlefish

and sturgeon

MN did change the law I believe in July to allow non-resident spearing. It is not in the fishing rule book as it was printed before the change. License is around $45.00 I called a co and he told me any non resident has to purchase a license including children under 16.

MN did change the law I believe in July to allow non-resident spearing. It is not in the fishing rule book as it was printed before the change. License is around $45.00 I called a co and he told me any non resident has to purchase a license including children under 16.

Ok, thats interesting, thanks for the info.

Do they need a nonresident fishing licence, and a spear lic to spear here?

I assume they would too.

If there were prerequisites I am pretty sure the license system that the state of MN has would catch this before issuing one part without the other.

I called St. Paul to get some non resident questions answered. I got transfered around and still have not got an answer. I went to the office in Cambridge and they couldn't answer it. I got the number for our local co and he got me an answer in 15 minutes. Seems like a really nice guy.

I got the number for our local co and he got me an answer in 15 minutes. Seems like a really nice guy.

I have only seen him once.

He was turning into Spectacle when I was leaving.

He never stopped to say hello though!! smile

I have seen and heard the plane with ski's on it buzz my darkhouse several times while out on the lake though.