• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Glow in the Dark Ratsos

tgruenke

Last night I headed to a area pond and was catching some sunnies and crappie on a green glow in the dark Ratso. Once the sun totally set the biting stopped. I would hold it in front of a light for about 20 seconds but it would attract fish for about 15 seconds and that would be that. Does anyone have tips on how to make it more effective in the dark. DO i need to have light on it longer?

Thanks

i have had the more success with the glow ratso with the lime green tail then any other panfish jig this ice season. i have been able to hammer them without even using any bait. i posted a video a week or two in the BWCA/duluth forum called "panfish flurry" where me and a buddy caught over 100 panfish in about 6 hrs, and i was using that glow in the dark ratso with the lime green tail

i was up in the brainerd lakes area the past 3 days and the first night i got there, i didnt get in town til 2 am because of a hockey game. when i got there, i got in the ice house and everybody else was going to bed and i wasnt really ready for bed yet, so i decided to fish for a while. used the same glow in the dark ratso with the lime green tail with a waxworm (didnt even charge it to glow in the dark) and i caught 15 sunnies and one nice crappie in 1 hr. i went to bed at 3 and the fish never stopped biting, i was just tired and ready for bed. everyone of the sunnies i caught was HUGE, i couldnt believe it.

needless to say, i'm a huge believer in the ratso jigs for panfish