• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

predictions for the big weekend series

cbrooks

Where are the taunts from Gopher fans? Don't make me do it, although I was rooting for them. They got back to .500 with plenty of hockey left.

Off topic, but I can't resist. Bulldogs take over 1st place this week with sweep of Mavericks. Denver was idle.

A good weekend of hockey from the gophers, hopefully they are figuring things out. Kangas seems to be coming around but our defense was still pretty shaky. Even though the Gophs have been playing well and 8-2-1 in their last 11 I still think its a little early to say they are back but we should find out in the next few weeks.

Where are the taunts from Gopher fans? Don't make me do it, although I was rooting for them. They got back to .500 with plenty of hockey left.

Off topic, but I can't resist. Bulldogs take over 1st place this week with sweep of Mavericks. Denver was idle.

It's tough to taunt really when all it was, was a game between 6th and 7th place conference teams that don't have much of chance if any at all to contend for the conference let alone a National title.

You never know. Look at some of the teams in last years NCAA's. BSU? They were 18-15-1. UMD finished 7th last year in WCHA but had some success. Miami OH had a decent record but was not very highly regarded. It's one of the great things about college hockey. You just have to keep it close near the end and then go on a hot streak.

I agree solbes, all that matters is the PWR ranking, we just climbed into the TUC and if we can get hot and win most of our games the 2nd half against quality teams we can make the NCAA's, however, we have very little if any room for error.

Pairwise would indicate that UND and CC are artificially high and Saint Cloud is lower than it should be. That being said, pairwise means squat until March arrives. Sure doesn't hurt to see your team in the top 3 though!

Tried and true hockey schools like UND and CC are going to always get the recognition. Did you notice Gopher's were "Bubblicious" (Pierbridge take note). I kind of like INCH's perspective sometimes, because it's not purely statistical. They must think highly of the WCHA again because that's 6 schools in the top 15, would have been 7 with BSU included next year.

I've always been a fan of the KRACH rankings. They some kind of solid mathematical base and you don't have as much wild movement that you can see in the Pairwise. I do like the INCH stuff too.

www dot uscho dot com/rankings/?data=krach

Hopefully I don't get in trouble for linking again.

I was at the games last weekend and the Sioux played poorly. Kangas made some spectacular saves, but if I were a Gopher fan I'd be worried about the number and location of the rebounds he left on open ice. I also saw a few fat rebounds tonight as well. Congrats Gophs for last weekend, the Sioux didn't deserve a point. There was a real lack of intensity until it was too late. Hopefully we pick it up. Of course being shutout by Cornell tonight will not help.

Good job Beavers .

I watch a little of the SDSU Gopher game and I thought that was a good game lots of intensity big hits loved it. Minnesota lost but they outshot the Huskie.

UND lost to Cornell 1-0. It sounded like the Cornell had a hot goalie made 28 saves. UND put there backup goalie in there who made 14 saves. I don't know, it seems UND just can't score they had plenty of chances.

Wisconsin and Denver tied so UMD is still in first place in the WCHA.

I could only get the score updates, but BSU won in impressive fashion. Better look tonight at home for UMD.

The Gophers Huskies game was quite entertaining. I was also watching the Denver Wisconsin game which was broadcast on NHL network for some reason on Dish. And Australian open for my wife. Weird mix.

If the Beavers could pull off the sweep it should help them get close to that top 10 again. Will be tough to win in Duluth against a very good team! Its hard to tell listening to the radio how good the Beavers were playing sounded like wierd goals for numbers 3 and 4 but who knows! After a few weekends of mediocre hockey its time for them to start playing really well again!