• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MAG beta, PS3.

TurnUpTheFishing

Any PS3 guys download the MAG (massive action game) beta? Whats your take on it? I downloaded it the other day. At first I stunk and hated it, now I still stink but and warming up to it but still not sure if Ill buy it.

If you dont know what it is, its a strictly online game with games having 64-256 players battling it out at once. Their are 3 different factions/armies and you have to choose one when you start. This game requires a fair amount of squad strategy and cooperation. If you're on a team with a bunch of Rambos and no one works together your team wont win.

The graphics are not on par with MW2 but Im sure the level size and amount of players limits how detailed they can get to keep things running smooth. So far Ive expierenced very little lag, infact the majority of the games have ran flawlessly.

FYI, between the store download and updates it took me about 5 hours before I could play. I just let it download overnight.

I gave it a try and didn't really care for the gameplay. I know its a Beta, but it seemed really slow (not talking about connection). Plus the game I was playing you did more running than actually shooting, and they spawned you far away from the fighting, thus leading to the running. I thought the background graphics were better than I expected, but the graphics of the players was not good. It seemed almost hard to pick them out from the background unless they just ran out into the open.

I like the concept and think it would be a hoot playing with that many people, so if they iron out the gameplay I would give it another shot.

Yeah, Ive pretty much stopped playing it. I played it to level 10 just so I could play the Domination match with 256 players. That was hectic and I had no clue what was going on.

It was an alright game but nothing that would hold my interest even more so than 3 month old MW2. Like CJH said, it sucked when you ran for a while got to the action only to die immediatley, wait to respawn, then have to run back to the action, it got old really quick. Also the maps didnt seem balanced. On some maps the attacker always won and on others the defender always won.

I realise its just the beta and you could only play a few games but MW2 seems to offer so much more with the challenges, all the guns/gun challenges, and killstreaks.