• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I-pod/I-tunes

My girlfriend hooked her I-pod to the new laptop and has been using the I-tunes. Thinking I was smart, I uninstalled the I-tunes but saved the songs she has to a different file. I then downloaded I-tunes again and plugged my I-pod in. We have different music and never shared anything. Now when I hook my I-pod up it still shows her music, but does recognize my I-pod. I did not sync it because I fear that my music will be lost and it certainly is not similar to hers so that would make me crabby. If I sync it will my music be lost? Or how can I hook mine up and add music without loosing what I have? I did have my music on another computer but that crashed and I lost everything. Thanks.

First turn off "sync automatically" then you can I believe just drag and drop the music or playlists to your computer.

from the itunes help file...(I searched for drag)

--------

To manage your music and video manually:

Connect your iPod or iPhone to your computer.

Select Music, Movies, or TV Shows (below Library).

Drag songs, videos, and playlists to your iPod or iPhone in the list of devices.

-----------------

well kind of both. I think I have saved her music outside of I-tunes and want to now put my music onto the I-tunes and just move hers from the other file. I don't want to have to sync it and loose my music.

Ok I was able to drag her music over just fine, but now I can't view my playlists and music. I assume I just have to live with that or can I open it somehow without sync'ing it?

Disregard. got it figured out. thanks for the help

you can put songs from your ipod to your computer, you just have to enable/show hidden files. i think the programming in an ipod makes all your music files appear to be hidden so you cant just take songs from your ipod and put them on a buddys computer. when i got a new computer, i just plugged my ipod into the new comp and enabled/showed the hidden files and copied over to the new computer. when you see the hidden files they will be weird numbers and letters for names, another attempt to trick you, but when you add then to your itunes, they show up how they are supposed to with artist names and song titles

You can also enable disk usage (I think that's the name of it) on the main iPod page within iTunes. One could create a folder on their iPod that holds all of the mp3 versions of your songs. Then you could just transfer them over to anybody's computer via drag & drop.