• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

spear tying

coombia21

I don't think it realy matters what kind of rope you use. Just as long as it is not too heavy.

As far as tying it off, I use to use a slip not and go around my wrist. Now I just loop it around the leg of my chair. I think you could latch it to anything sturdy, so you don't lose it down the hole.

Good Luck

Dont need anything too fancy for rope. Not sure what kind I have but its just like a standard size white rope. Then on the other end (opposite of the spear) create a knot that will slide with a loop. Stick your left hand through the loop(if your right handed, and throw with the right) and pull the knot tight. set all the loose rope on left side of your body and have the spear on the right to prevent tangleage when you go to toss the spear.

I use parachute cord.

Good luck.

ditto. I used to tie a loop in it then put around my leg but in my perm shack I mounted a quick clip and just fasten it there so I dont have keep taking it off my leg/foot if I gotta go out side and its easier

I use a big loop and slide it up to my elbow area on my left arm. Coil the rope on my left leg and have my left hand free to spear with. This leaves both of my hands free to fish while there are no pike around. I catch quite a few nice fish out of spear holes. It's awesome watching how the lures react to different jigging.

Good luck on your first trip!!!