• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Towing with IRS

jd524

I tow a 6.5 X 14 wheelhouse with a 660 Grizzly that has independent rear suspension (IRS). I have been fighting with the rear-end sag while towing. I was wondering if others with the same situation had any modifications, tips, and/or tricks that have helped them. Thanks!

I welded two old snow machine ski's about a foot apart side by side and put a ball hitch on top of a heavy steel crossbar in the middle. So the weight of the shack sits on that and then i pull that with a tow strap through the front loop of the skis. Works pretty good.

Someone does make a suspension lock that goes across the back of the wheeler and locks the suspension. My buddy has it on his Polaris and easy to install and works great. Maybe Kimpex/Swisher/Kolpin??? Not sure, sorry.

Your right Fredd there is something like that and I think I even asked about it on here last year . May have to do a search but there is info on here about it . We'll have to get Lep7mm to put his nose into the mud to find it . LOL

TD

Your right Fredd there is something like that and I think I even asked about it on here last year . May have to do a search but there is info on here about it . We'll have to get Lep7mm to put his nose into the mud to find it . LOL

TD

I did a little bird doggin' and found that Kolpin does indeed make a product called a Dirtworks Suspension lock. An easy search on the interweb will yield many results. A guy can look to spend as high as 70 bones. Looks to be a simple installation.

wink

Originally Posted By: trapperdirk

TD

I did a little bird doggin' and found that Kolpin does indeed make a product called a Dirtworks Suspension lock. An easy search on the interweb will yield many results. A guy can look to spend as high as 70 bones. Looks to be a simple installation.

wink

Thanks for the help, I'll look into that.