• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ring Neck and blunt tail

I went out cruising for Horned Larks and Snow Buntings this afternoon on the backroads close to home. It was around 8 below zero,so walking around freezing my giblets off was not gonna happen.

This was the only subject that would cooperate to any extent. His tail feathers seem to be ripped up a little. I've seen a fox grab them from behind and just get a mouth full of feathers,so maybe that's what happened to this dude.

EOS 7D,100-400L @ 400mm,F5.6,1/1250,ISO 200,Evalutive metering + 1 1/3 EC. Converted in ACR 5.6,Crop,cloned out corn stubble + USM in Elements.

4238881502_a93ff8cc04_o.jpg

Quote:
I wish mine would do that.

It will-you just have to force it to. grin

In all seriousness,I am very happy with the image. Reason being is that about 75% has been cropped away-the bird was roughly 60-70 yards away. shocked

There is a steep learning curve with the 7D,but it is worth the climb. It will certainly show you one of 2 things:how good you lenses are,or how bad your technique is. The 20mb files will show you every little screw up you make!