• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice fishing

With the weather changing to winter like conditions, it seems ice fishing might come early this year. Most hunters will be trading their shotguns for fishing rods. Hopefully we get a quick ice on, with a good 2 foot solid base.

I have been ready for ice fishing season for months. Let's go! This week has lows forcasted in the single digits. Next weekend we will probably have some fishable ice on some smaller ponds and lakes as long as we don't get any more snow. Be safe.

Things are getting crusty. Most sloughs are crusted over but some have open spots in the center yet.

Maybe a better time to field hunt corn stubble then slough hunt?

With deer gun season opening this weekend, be very cautious.

No antler hat camo advised Eh.

wink.gif

------------------
Ed Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
701-281-2300
><,sUMo,>

Ventured onto the ice for the first time Friday. Kinda scary. Was about 3 inches. Decided too wait till there is a little more before I turn the ice into swiss cheese. Anybody been out?? Any reports??

I was out on the ice again on Sat and Sun. Did well on Sat but Sunday was pretty slow. Ice conditions were really good. There were a couple of other guys out also. Hopefully it doesn't get too warm this week. Next week we'll have some good cold weather. Good Luck.

Fished a small irrigation pond in Hillsboro, ND yesterday and iced well over 50 perch between my brother-in-law and myself. Kept a dozen that ran about 10". Had a blast and it was fun to be out. Ice was about 5 inches and no problems. We were about 50 feet from shore.

Fisherdog

[This message has been edited by fisherdog19 (edited 11-17-2003).]

Thanks Rick,
I took her out to the Jamestown Res on Sat in the wind. We caught 3 walleyes lost a couple more and marked fish most of the time we were there. Hopefully its not like last year, when you could mark fish but struggle to catch them. I think that's more frustrating than not seeing any fish.

Donny,
I was going to call you last Sunday and lost your number. Send me an email, I'm sure we get out on the ice together. I say once we can drive out, we'll have to go see how good the honey hole is. My GPS cordinates are on my graphs I sold with my boat.

I fished on Jamestown the past couple days and boy is it slow compaired to last year. Not much of a bite. There is getting pretty close to 12" of ice on the north end and I would think by next week they will probably be driving out up there.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]