• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Green Lake (Isanti county)

MJ1657

There is one good spot on the east side of the lake.

I have seen a couple northerns there (all fast movers)... and got my but chewed out because someone came about 2 hours after I got there and said he has been spearing that same spot for 35 years and I wasn't welcome there. I gave him the rest of my live decoys after I spent the day spearing and he was a little freindlier.

If you get chewed out you will know you are in the right spot. :-)

Cabbage south of the public landing.

I would love to set up on that weedline some time.

There is a big deep hole out from the public beach on the west side of the lake. The gate is normally closed until later in the season.

I have yet to try setting up on the edge of that but that should be a good spot to try.

There are some humps in the North west corner.

Those might be a good place to try too.

They fill up quick so I never spear on them.

I prefer to be by my self even if I don't see as many fish.

I have tried straight north of the landing but didn't have much luck there either.

I have never found clear water at Spectacle but I spear in much cloudier water than most would, so it don't bother me.

There are some springs in there too if you set up on the edge of a spring in late season it should be good too.

Checkout fish lake by Harris really clear water and needs some pike thinned out last winter I was sight fishing gills and having the pike come in and eat the smaller ones also kinda got tired of retying 5-6 times a day but will be out thier this winter with spear and noodle rod.

Checkout fish lake by Harris really clear water and needs some pike thinned out last winter I was sight fishing gills and having the pike come in and eat the smaller ones also kinda got tired of retying 5-6 times a day but will be out thier this winter with spear and noodle rod.

might have to head that way on Sunday