• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

decoy rigging

Capt'nMorgan

if its a perm shack capt morgan you could take a hinge and mount it side ways then mount a piece of wood to the other arm of the hinge then mount the decoy to the piece of wood so its over the hole where you want it when not useing or cutting your hole you can swing out of the way.

On mine I use two old levelwind fishing reels that are mounted to the wall then the decoy line goes thru an eyehook on the ceiling and comes down to the hole

if i was in a sled porty and didn't want to go off the upper supports, i may try a rod/holder off the sled (extending out over the hole)...i know...it would have to be a longer rod. but then you'd have a reel for adjustment as well.

or if it's in a wood-floor porty, you could mount a rod holder to floor (set bail of course).

and if in a hub porty (which is maybe why you don't want to go off supports)...hmm...w/o a floor you'd could try fab'ing something out of conduit and anchoring it to the ice.

but w/o knowing your situation...