• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dingee day shooting

Pretty gray and hazey today but I had to try out the new body. It does good with metering and focus challenges,but unless you post 100% crops,I don't think you can see the difference in resolution on a computer screen. Seems like a decent rig nontheless. All shot in JPEG,Pic Style STD.

EOS 7D,70-200 2.8

[Chickadee was with 2X TC]

4183094760_d502567149_o.jpg

4182332337_14b5077967_o.jpg

4183094434_03a82643f8_o.jpg

Thanks.

Yep,the Juncos will be here till April now-at least they were last year.

As far as the 7D,I will see later this week how it does on indoor sports,which was the prime reason for getting it. I haven't heard much about how it does in a poorly lit gym,but I expect I will find out. I have a paid shoot coming up for a motorsports periodical,so I need to make sure I have the new focus system figured out completely.There are alot of options on the new AF system-maybe too many shocked but if you're into BIF shooting,it's very,very impressive.

Most of us have seen a flock of Juncos scatter into flight from a roadside-they are erratic at best,not like tracking a soaring bird. On Sunday I practiced with the AF,and in the selected zone AI servo AF,I could pick 1 Junco or Horned Lark out of a flock,and 90-95% of the time the AF would lock to that tiny bird and track him. I'm sure Dan could explain it better than me,but you don't need to have the bird dead center with your selected AF point,if the bird turns,or you can't keep up,the camera will switch to another focus point within the frame and keep tracking him. This focus technology may already have been incorporated into the newer 1D series,but it is certainly impressive.