• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Non Res. mule deer hunting? Montana

Looking to go to eastern Montana for a mule deer hunt.How hard is it to get a buck tag and how hard or easy is it to find puplic land to hunt?Any Info from Mn. hunters that have done it before and had success would be awesome. thanks.

I was having a heck of a time finding that on the net so i called the montana fwp and the woman i spoke with said it was around 25%. From the maps that I have been looking at, it doesn't look like there is a shortage of public land but I have no clue how hard it gets hit. Does anyone else know?

Thats what my worry is. I dont want to get out there and drive around for a couple days blind because all of the public land is full of orange vest.Like every thing else dont know unless you try it.

Shoot me an email, I have some info you might be interested in. There is tons of public land and block management in the area around Miles City. I also know of bunkhouse for rent very reasonably priced and right in a good area for mule deer.

Absolutely look at the Block Management info. I think FWP will send you lots of information for free or next to free. I used to live in western MT, and hunted some BMAs near Jordan for antelope. Start your BMA research as early as possible, because a lot of them have limits on how many people can hunt them at a time and require reservations. BMA rules are pretty-much set by the landowners (within the law of course), and some of the lowest-pressure ones get booked early. Good luck!