• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sakakawea

Rap

I fish the middle section of Sak. We do pretty well for notherns most years. With the water leval being down, my best spot did not hold fish last year so I will have to continue scouting for a new one. Walleye fishing in my area is show. We have to get out in the main part of the lake but usually can't because of pressure ridges.

Thanks Rick for the Nodak forum. I am feed up with fishing buddies. They are supporting way to much of the guides and outfitters.

Hunted along the Lake on Sat. Could not believe it, but it was 90% froze. Don't think it will last. the temps are going to be in the 40s and 50s the next couple of days.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Welcome to the board Haybuster.

Keep us posted on how things are going on sakakawea please?

Looking forward to a great Ice Fishing season?

I wouldn't throw too many rocks at guides if I were you.

Many guides contribute a great deal to this site as do others "FREE of CHARGE" because they care for the sport.

Guide bashing has become kinda fashionable in ND, SD, & MN in recent days. Usually by folks who never ever fished or hunted with one, so I find that very telling.

We all need to work together as sportsman and sportswomen and put down them rocks and work for a better sporting future.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]
http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

rap,
be sure to keep us posted on Sakakawea?

take care.

We take all anglers. The Guides here you'll find are 1st class for the most part. Ed's cool for sure. He likes to have fun..

Don't ya Ed?

i was just around white earth bay this weekend and it was iced up as far as i could see west but everything east was open... and the temps this week are supposed to be very warm for this time of year... i'm afraid it'll be a while before anyone's ice fishing on sak..

backwater eddy: i don't want to even get started on hunting guides, i'm so sick of arguing it on fishingbuddy i don't even reply to most of the "sportsmens issues" there anymore... fishing guides are great, but do you really need a guide to hunt ND? no way, they just lease up all the land so you need to use a guide to get on any land...

well back to fishing talk! i usually ice fish audubon and darling all winter and sakakwea in summer... i'm planning on going to new town a few times but won't be driving on sakakaweas ice! anyone know of a decent spot around there to walk onto? i can walk quite a ways with my trap... thanks for any info

Yup Rick, Fun is good, I like fun. I am easy to get along with, most of the time.

I do get a bit sick of certain folks grouping other folks into categories without all the facts. A guide is a guide is a guide is one of them situations that spur me for sure.

There may be some good reasons for concern when it comes to land leasing for hunting, I agree. There is a lot of conflict in those ranks these days. If you look at the acreage of public lands that are available in ND, SD, & MN you will see we have more then any other region in the continuous United States. I think there is room for all of us if we work together?

Bring on some safe ice, we need to get out of the house I think Eh!

Keep us posted on the bite out West. I used to fish the White Earth area years back, man did we ever catch a mess of nice walleye, Uf-Da.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]
http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

BW Ed

My comment was not a personal attack. I am just concerned about the future of quality hunting in our state and you are right the excessive land leasing issue needs to be addressed. Nuf said.

I have enjoyed your posts in the past.

My report
Talked to a guy that tryed the north end of Audobon, 3" of ice and spots with open water. I think I will wait for some colder weather and better ice.

haybuster,

have most of the geese left the area? Or... are they all packed into any drop of open water? I'm thinking of hunting around Bismarck soon, but I want to wait until the big water freezes up.
Scoot

Scoot

We lost a boat load of birds from the lake this last weekend. Warm temps we have had the last couple of days should have melted must of the ice. River by Bismarck? haven't been down there for a while.

If your lucky, Backwater might fashion one of Gullguides thongs???LOL Was I suppose to say that!
ALl kidding aside: I too am very interested in learing more waters to traverse! I am on a life long quest to fish new water!!!

I'll be more than happy to bring dinero' to ND!! That is if the fish are biting!!!!heheheheh

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W