• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Unusual decoys!?

Meat-Run

So what do some of you guys use that are out of the norm and have some luck with? I use the biggest dare-devils made and put them on one split ring and lift them up and down and they clang together. I've heard guys use a golf ball and paint it half black to confuse them or use 2 or 3 golf balls on a line. What do you use that's fun and interesting?

Oh,one more does any one use a large glass pickle jar for there live sucker and put a put that on there normal sucker line? This keeps the pike from eating your minnow but can see it and keeps the sucker contained?

mr

Ok Here we go.

Here are some of the “crazy” things I have tried, more will follow.

4174919305_e1707a03ea.jpg

Flat out this thing attracts fish.

The blades are installed so one spins one way then the one next to it spins the other way when jigged.

I thought it would work good with the sucker underneath to move the blades but it doesn't work as good as vertical jigging.

Vertical jigging this thing brings in fish, plain and simple.

Perch, sunnies, bass, and northerns come in about a min after jigging it up and down a few times.

3240670267_32148ba597.jpg

I tried this rig once.

I used plasic instead of glass incase I hit it with the spear.

The thought was to fill it with shiners.

Of course that was last year and there were no shiners available.

I may try it out again this year.

I would love to find one with a clear lid, and flat sides.

3180785423_98fc2a7b3a.jpg

I had pretty good luck vertical jigging this too.

It also works on the HB Spinner.

A very large Dardevle spoon (5" or so long) either hooked to the HB Spinner or vertical jigging works when things are real dead.

Then I have a very small hot pink decoy with black stripes that my brother made me. I love to hook that up to the spinner and just slowly rotate it

4176413663_5f6bd0a40c_b.jpg

I have this 30" decoy that I want to use as a confidence decoy.

I see pics with 2 pike in the hole so I thought this might be a good one to try out.

I got to swim it last year but didn't do any serious fishing with it.

It don't really swim (It is bigger than the hole... lol) but it sits nice and level and it sinks nice and slow.

It is a MikeDaPike decoy he is from Michiagn and he makes some really nice working decoys for a great price.

Most of his decoys swim VERY slow.

MERK what did you use for the blades on your one rig?

I bought that at the ice show.

The guy was not advertising them too much but I got to chatting with him and I told him I was a darkhouse spearer and he said you have to try this out!!!

the most unusual Decoy that I have is a Red/White Bear Creek Pike decoy the rest are all normal winklaughlaughlaughlaugh

Thanks. Im glad iv been busy all week cutting beef at the meat market, so i dont have to read this every day!!! smile

I wont tell you what i have uip my sleeve this year!