• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Made it out today!!!!

merkman

My mom picked up a Dennis Bertram Decoy at the ice show and I had to try it out for her today. smirk

4169864669_c48a88c5a0.jpg

These are pretty spendy decoys but after using it I can see why. This thing swims like a dream!!

My lake is clearer than I have ever seen it!!!

I was out in a clam 5600 today with no darkening over the top.

It is only 4 FOW but I am excited

Ohhh Boy Let The Fun Begin!!! cool

4170624452_fdc1f34c83.jpg

Ohh yeah no fish today.

why do you use such big decoys?

I never understood that!

I love using big decoys! You get a total different reaction out of the fish. They aren't as easy to work though and I never work them fast. I've got them tied to and egg beater and just wind it up when it stops moving.

why do you use such big decoys?

In my normal spots I will use big decoys like this.

I wasn't all that serious about fishing yesterday.

I wanted to check out this decoy to see how it swam and if a nice sized pike did come up to it I wanted some photos.

In 4 FOW that could have been pushing it as far as decoy size goes?

Other people do use very large live decoys though.

If I go out that shallow again I would like to use that sunfish decoy that I have, maybe a 10" bear creek, and or a live decoy.

I want to go out tomorrow and try out the new baitfish simulator in some deeper water.

I planned to go this morning but I got caught up in the honey do list and the wife was not letting me slide one bit. frown

People were out on 4 wheelers on the lake I fish and a guy was even ice skating. crazy

That has to be one of the weirdest noises you can hear in the darkhouse when someone is ice skating on the lake.