• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spear House Exterior

triggertrav

Hey fellas - with the season here, i decided to redo my house(a little late i know). Anyway, i am trying to figure out what i want to use on the exterior. It is a 4X7 with 6ft side walls and i want to be able to load it in the back of my truck, so it needs to stay light. I tore off the old walls which were paneling from the 80's and am debating on using a similar wood and paint it. I am also thinking about possibly using 'dairy board' (i think is what it is called, plastic 4x8 sheets that is textured on one side. You see it in fish cleaning houses, dairy rooms, and a lot of food processing plants.) My concern with the dairy board is whether it would hold up in the cold temps?

Any tips/advice on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

On the Exterior Elwood used some type of aluminum and it worked good. I will let him elaborate.

I would think the dairy board would hold up.

Would you nail it or glue it (if so it should be some good exterior liquid nails or something like that)?

And how would you get paint to stick to it, it is white right?

It would be nice to find some very thin black plastic sheets at a cheep price, but I don't know of anything that would fit that bill.

(or do you think that the extior being white would be an issue?).

I suppose it could get hard to see if it is snow white colored on the outside?

White would not be my first choice for the color of a fish/spear house.

There are alot of things you could do to make it more visible though.

As for the interior I would like to find some thin black plastic sheets for mine.

one of my perms is 1/4 luan ply wood very light and stro foam inside and painted flat black the outside has three coats of goos exterior paint on it.

The other perm I had I made super light and went with sofit and fascai coil it is aluminum and easy to work with I comes in 50-80ft rolls and it is 2 ft wide dont ask me cost cause I havent bought any for a year and a half and the stuff I used came off a couple old jobs.but it works great paints nice and is light wieght.