• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

canvas craft as a spear house..

Dabignorski

I was at the ice fishing show and i was talking to the sales person and told him i was looking at using it for a spear house and he was saying that the seams may let in too much light or make the inside of the house pretty bright..idk ow bright it would make it but was just wondering if anyone uses a canvas craft suit case style fish house and what they thought of them for spearing?..

I talked to them at the show too.

The one guy there said the new insulated ones seep light thought the many seams for the quilting.

He said they could add a cover over the top to block that light.

I asked if they could put it on the in side to block the white cloth too and he said they could.

Then I asked him how much and he said $400 extra.

I think I could come up with a cheaper way to make it work if I did buy one of those.

The older black canvas houses don't have that problem. I made a cover out of moving blankets to insulate and add darkness to mine though.

I love the house that flips out the back of the ranger!!!

best part is, is something happes, they take care of it for you! no questions asked
Nice to know. I love my 8x8 I picked up last year, cant stop gushing over it.

I came to close to it with Nils auger, not running, and found out how sharp those blades are, 2 6 inch slices. Have to go up there and see what they can do for me. I would fix it myself but I dont think it would look to good after I get done with it.

Alright thanks for the replys.. i am thinking about asking for the kit regular 4x8 for Christmas so was just wondering what everyone else thought about it..

I love mine, I custom ordered it without windows. I would consider going 5x8 over 4x8 that extra foot is nice especially if you have company in the house.

I bought as 6x8 that I'm thinking of turning into a spearhouse this year but the ends are red so I will have to darken it up some thinking of tring auto apolstry paint or dark tarps just to get by. It will have 2 spear hole in staed of one big thou

I recommend making a cover for it out of moving blankets.

They sew up real nice with a regular sewing machine.

It takes some thinking to figure out how to stitch them together so they fit though the machine but well worth the head scratching.

Insulation, darkness, and no condensation!!!