• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UFC tonight...

Dark Cloud

I think if Roy Nelson was to fight more seasoned heavy weights and/or guys that weigh close to the same / the same or more with more of it being muscle his strategy of using his weight to lay on people then ground and pound wouldn't work so well. It worked with the guys from the show but I don't think it would work with Lesnar, Carwin, Mir, Duffee, Kongo, Velasquez.

He caught Schaub with a solid punch.

I laughed really hard when I saw an earlier interview with Dana White where he said, "... a guy [Roy Nelson] who probably has the worst physique of any professional athlete..."

So did I, I thought that was pretty funny. Got to give it to em though, he uses what tools he has and he gets it done. Not the most exciting fighter to watch and I think he will have his lunch eaten pretty quickly, but for the now, he's got the 6 figure contract.

Kimbo will never make much of an MMA fighter in my opinion. Sure, if you stand there and let him hit you, your going away, but other then that, he doesn't have much.

That knee is a big chink in the armor....everybody he fights will target that knee. I think Mr. Slice has gone about as far as he can go in MMA as a bonafide competitor. I didn't agree with the decision, I thought H.A. won it.

I bet Dana was hoping for a brawl in the middle of the cage with those two fighting (slice/alexander).

I was hoping Big Baby would have beat the snot out of meathead, but nope.

That english guy is pretty good, and Big country is a tough son of a ...

Nelson is tough man... Just not an exciting way of fighting. Something most fans couldn't appreciate and White knows it. I think that's why he was laughing so hard. He was totally ripping on Nelson the whole time, and now he's got the coveted contract.

I also watched a good boxing match the same night this was on. I like boxing still, but the way fights have being judged lately are really hurting the sport. Williams vs. Martines was a good fight but one judge had it really screwed up.

I thought I would give the boxing another shot and I watched the Shannon Briggs/Punching Baggo mismatch. Thats why I seldom watch boxing anymore. Mismatches, substitutions, recycled fighters that should have hung em up 10 years ago, bad judges, the works.

On the card I tried to watch, "The New Ray Robinson" fought some other gangly guy...yeah, right, it was more like The New Pee Wee Herman!