• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What would you do if you found someones gear on private land.

Shwangman

I hunt posted property and what we've done in the past is leave a bright yellow sign on the tree saying posted with the phone numbers and if you want your stuff talk to the land owner. We've acquired 6 tree stands in 2 years. Only one person has asked for his stuff back and he sorta kinda had permission from like 4 years prior.

I know it's probable not the best thing to do but the land is posted and you gotta see our signs up. Plus we've gotten some nice tree stands out of the deal.

I hunt posted property and what we've done in the past is leave a bright yellow sign on the tree saying posted with the phone numbers and if you want your stuff talk to the land owner. We've acquired 6 tree stands in 2 years. Only one person has asked for his stuff back and he sorta kinda had permission from like 4 years prior.

I know it's probable not the best thing to do but the land is posted and you gotta see our signs up. Plus we've gotten some nice tree stands out of the deal.

Yep...make them knock on the landowner's door and explain themselves if they want their stuff back.

If there is any chance it was an honest mistake, I would say the best thing to do would be to leave a note with your number. I was hunting some new land once that was recently purchased by a relative and I set up towards what he was told was the back property edge. I ended up finding a note on my stand with a number, I was able to call the number and found out the old owner had always disputed the boundaries even after a surveyor showed him the boundaries and he told my relative the boundary was about 30ft farther than it really was. A quick phone call and every thing was straightened out, no harm done to either phone call.

If its my land and i know he walked past no tresspassing signs the gear is now mine, why leave it for him to just go to someone elses land to do the same thing, maybe he will think twice about tresspassing, if it was really a mistake and he didnt know he was on private land its easy enough to find out who the land owners are and he can find me then we can talk.