• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scent Lok Full Season vs. TimberFleece 360 ?

lungdeflator

I can't speak on the main difference and I think for feel and touch of the Full Season stuff is great. For my two cents I wouldn't spend that kind of money on carbon scent control. Do a quick search on the internet for products with Silver in them. I have found that the companies using silver have some great stuff and it can be washed like regular clothes. Carbon has to be put into an industrial dryer to kill the stuff it sucked in. Great stuff when it came out but Carbon is quickly being replaced by Silver.

Now be prepared because I am sure in two years Silver will be a out and something new will replace it.

For late season hunting the only way to truly stay warm is layering. One bulky outter garmet is not going to keep you warm from the pickup to the stand and for a long sit. (FWIW, I consider the heater body suit a layering tool even though it is a bulky outter garmet that only comes on when you're in the stand).

In that sense, I would always choose the clothing that is the most well constructed and comfortable (this does not mean most expensive, as you often pay for hype, marketing, and gimmicks). For example, the scent elimination clothing been questioned quite a bit lately, and would be a secondary factor to me when considering what to buy.

I have a Full Season jacket and Timberfleece 360 pants. Both are super quiet and comfortable. The Timberfleece 360 blocks the wind, and the Full Season does not, at least not as well. On cold windy days I have to wear my windblock fleece jacket under the Full Season jacket. This is not a real issue just layering for cold weather. I got the Full Season jacket for the low bulk and more string clearance, in retrospect I think I would have gotten the Timberfleece jacket.