• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

theres ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

northspear

I was out last year on 2 inches spearing but never went deeper then about 4 feet of water below me...also had life jacket, picks, and a buddy with a long rope with...it was good ice though and I doubt I will do that again this year...I am loosing the anstyness that makes me thing it is worth it.

I think were a bout 2-3 weeks away from getting out spearin, just MO!

I'm typically the first fool on the ice and the last one out wink as for ice I bet I'll be posting pics of a pike by the end of next week and that doesnt include going north of where I'm at now cool

the main thing about first ice is ataying safe and its always a good idea to let someone know where you will be and when you plan on being home.

Hey Bass N Spear when do you think that "lake" where you harpooned that nice 16 pound northern (I believe?) last year (Dec??) will be thick enough to walk on? There is some good current that runs through that lake!

For me personally I never started spearing until last year but I can wait till there is a good 6-7 inches of ice before I cut a nice big hole in the ice. It's kinda scary to me to know that I have a 2 foot by 3 foot opening of water with a house, me, my equipment on 4 or less inches of ice! Now me in a portable house or on a bucket with my vex and an 8 inch hole I can handle on 3 or 4 inches of ice but not a big spear hole.

hey anyone been out to check any of the lakes yet. im in grand forks north dakota this weekend. and was just wondering if any good ice yet. im thinking by the end of the week we should be able to hit the lakes. Devils lake had white cap rollers this week. no ice yet over here.

Hey Bass N Spear when do you think that "lake" where you harpooned that nice 16 pound northern (I believe?) last year (Dec??) will be thick enough to walk on? There is some good current that runs through that lake!

For me personally I never started spearing until last year but I can wait till there is a good 6-7 inches of ice before I cut a nice big hole in the ice. It's kinda scary to me to know that I have a 2 foot by 3 foot opening of water with a house, me, my equipment on 4 or less inches of ice! Now me in a portable house or on a bucket with my vex and an 8 inch hole I can handle on 3 or 4 inches of ice but not a big spear hole.

Not sure i dont where your talking about?