• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconsin Dells?

brady_d

Wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations on a good resort to stay at in Wisconsin Dells. Me and my girlfriend are planning to take a vacation for our 1 year and thought this would be a great place to go. She's been looking and found 2 that she likes, the Kalahari and the Wilderness Territories. Anybody been to either of these or want to recommend another? She wants to stay somewhere leaned more towards adults than kids. Thanks for any responses!

All the waterparks are geared for kids. There isn't a single one that is adult orientated. As for the hotels you listed, they are the two biggest in the Dells. Either one is great. I would suggest the Wilderness just because of the options you have with the different indoor parks, and the rooms themselves. The glacier canyon rooms is where you would want to stay at the Wilderness. They are modern and have flat screen's, fireplaces, and good views. The regular rooms are your basic hotel room. Good rates on c-list if your interested. Stay at one of the two you are looking at and you won't be disappointed.

We stayed at Wilderness with another family last winter and had a blast. It's all indoors, bars/waterparks/restaurants (although I really cant say they were very good. We went out to eat offsite mostly). Rented a 2 bedroom condo w/fireplace and decks.

Brought 3 kids aged 3-6 and they loved it.

Hint - back a soft bag cooler for their drinks (and yours) and bring into the waterpark. No one said anything to us. It's better than $6/beer/pop. You can bring Can coolies but no one really seemed to care either way.

Chula Vista and the Kalhari are the top 2 premiere resorts in the Dells. You really can't go wrong with any of the listed ones though, just depends on your budget and preference because there is nothing cheap about the dells. Also if you are looking for some great steak/ribs/seafood hit up Marley's, Moosejaw is another great place to eat with a nice selection of homemade micro-brews. Hope you have a great time, alot of fun down there to be had.