• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clearwater-Metro Event

I will be out there. It is nice to fish some clean water. Weeds are up too. I expect a pretty heavy bag to win next weekend. Clearwater has a lot of healthy fish swimming in it.

Crystal Connection might be outthere on Sunday. Depending on how we do in the Duk Duk days softball tournament.

Wastewaterguru - I heard there are soem really nice fish in that one deep part of the lake! ;0}

------------------
------------------
GET-ER-DONE

There are a few of those deep parts that your talking about.......

There is a lot of stuff on this lake that looks really good to fish......

We found a few fish but no monsters. I think this lake could give up some good weights as well.

Looking forward to the big event. Those with larger boats and two-wheel drive trucks are not going to want to launch at BJ's. It's a very steep ramp. The public access was full pretty early this morning and there may not be a lot of options for launching. There is at least one other pay landing and another public access in one of the bays, but it may be a little boat ride over to BJ's for the event start.

John

Lake was slow due to lots of boat traffic on Sunday. We were out from 8 - 3 or there abouts. Checked out some pockets and came away with a few fish.

Had lots of boats trolling 5-10 feet away from us like we were not there... Oh well did not see them come away with any fish either...

See you all on Sunday.

------------------
------------------
GET-ER-DONE

mike:

i don't know what i will do. i would lean towards staying up there but don't want to hang out by myself. what are you doing? i suppose its a pretty short drive for you. i will be coming up Sat. eve. may have time to pre-fish a litte. never been on the lake, so i have no idea what to expect.

i have some photos that i will e-mail to you when i get the chance.

Andy,
Expect to get a map. Lot of ups and downs. I have fished out there maybe 7-8 times this year and bump my lower unit 3-4 times.
Yes I will be staying at home. It is about 25 minutes away from me. I wouldn't mind staying up there but my wife will be out of town so I have to stay home and let the dog out. Is wastewater going to be staying up there? Is your partner meeting you at the lake?

I'm still up in the air.

The last few events I have slept in my car and have paid the price during the events. I may stay home and try to get some sleep before this one. I am a much better fisherman when I get more than 2 or 3 hours of sleep....

My wife is out of town this coming weekend and I haven't firmed up the babysitting for the weekend with the in-laws. Grammy may not want the kids until they are asleep Saturday night...so that may rule out coming up Saturday.

I'll let ya'll know in a day or two. I could handle some drinking Saturday night to help me get a good night sleep!!!

its amazing how drinking can help you sleep! smile.gif i wouldn't mind having a few either. maybe we could get a few guys to rent a hotel room and bring sleeping bags. i would rather sleep in the floor than in the truck!

Wastewater,

I hear you about sleeping the night before. Out on Rush I wanted to take a nap after the morning session. I would rather sleep at home and drive fresh in the morning. To bad the tournament isn't Saturday because then we could have given her that night and left Sunday morning.

Americinn Lodge & Suites
Address: 620 Elm St E, Annandale, MN 55302
Phone: (320) 274-3006

This is about 5 miles from the landing. It is in town near bars and restaurants if anyone needs a place stay.

There are public launches on each side of B.J.'s that are both nice launches. One in the black hole past B.J.'s and one just before that you can't miss. I'll get some directions posted shortly when I get some time... You can launch at any of the 3 launches and meet at B.J.'s. Check-in is at B.J.'s at 6:45 a.m. Should be space to tie up along the docks at B.J.'s.

Dan & everyone -

Don't know what kind of set up we had with B.J.'s but on Sunday the dock was preety packed. This was 8:00 am in the morning and there was not much room at the docks. Unless I did not see some space it might be a tight fit.

See you all there.

Schroder park is only a couple miles away from Clearwater on the north side of Cedar lake if anyone is looking for a campground. There is also a pay access only a mile from the campground on clearwater. It is on the far east side of the lake so good trip over to BJ's. Good luck everyone.

Corey Bechtold

Well, that was easier than I thought. Grandma and Grandpa are taking the kids at noon on Sat. and I'm heading to the lake.......as long as I can talk my partner into getting there with the boat.

I can always sleep when I'm dead.

Yea, I'll correct that above - 55 through Buffalo up through Maple Lake and then Annandale. As long as there isn't too much construction along that route, it is generally faster and definitely the most direct.

If you guys are coming from the cities on 55 be aware there is a lot of construction right in Buffalo. The construction ends before hwy 25 so coming down from Monticello might be a better option. Otherwise going further up the freeway and coming south on 24 (Clearwater exit) might be another option.

We took 94 to 24 on Sunday...

It took about an hour (with gas & bait) stop! Of course if the battery was not dead we would have had one more hour to fish...

Buddy forgot the master switch on in the boat last time out. No tools to use so had to jump battery with truck!