• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Perm Shack Build...

Laska

roof is on, bottom half of the shack is next to being done its a solid dark green color... Not black but its darn close... Just need a paint brush not and that will be done.

Still need to paint some numbers and detailing to the outside, add some rattle wheels and call her good I think...

IMG00158-20091204-1128.jpg

IMG00159-20091204-1129.jpg

lol, the scuba diving hole you have in your northlander lol... Want me to bring my scuba diving spear gun for you at the gtg wink just nuts man... I like viewing through a hole that big but geez thats a lot of open water smile

Well I thought this was going to be a nightmare but turned out ok, kinda funny looking but ya mos def know what it is... I laughed as soon as I took a look back...

Before fin was colored

IMG00170-20091206-1804.jpg

After fin...

IMG00171-20091206-1858.jpg

So all in all both sides are colored the same, my wife thinks its awsome n makes her happy so its all good, what do you guys think? Biggest part of a northern you've ever seen? wink lol

Lol glad ya like it merk

Added the final touches on the inside tonight

Paint touch up

Tap lights

Hole and cover for gas line

2 rattle wheels

Tomorrow ill be adding pictures n my new bikini team calendar, n maybe just some random stuff to make it more like home since ill be stayin in it overnight on weekends...

Anyone gonna come down to my special lake n check it out this year?

lol, If I had a wood stove I probably woulda thought of that already, Im putting "Fear the Spear" on the back of the shack... Should be fun for everyone who looks at this thing on the ice this year...

Ummm...

$20 paint- outside oilbased enamel-inside camo green n grey

$40 2x2- 30 of them

$55 plywood- 10 of them with lots of scrap

$100 Rubber roof was a gift from my boss

$6 2-rattle wheels

Hardware etc $25

Carpet was from my boss from his rental house if I priced it it would be about $15

So $261 plus heater if I were to get everything outright

But prices are estimated cuz I tore down my old 6x8 shack for this project... still remember how much

I paid tho...

Heating system- Portable Buddy $80- 5ft hose $16- 20lb LP $46- fuel filter $10= est $150 lol didnt seem like I speant that much... oops...

So not that much could been less but I didnt cheap out this year, if you want some plans I could draw you up some, This shack is a replica of what I had in my head, I put it on paper and went to town, its 6x6 roughly and I can easily move it by hand with my wife across cement- so ice would be even easier...

Did you set the 2 by 4 skids upright?? you said its almost 7 inches from the top of the floor to the ice? Plans would be sweet!! Im looking at a few different ideas right now one of them is that red portable I saw in another forum.( I think you commented on)

Im know Im late on building but the army had me out to California for the last couple of months.