• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New bluegill patterns on my swimbaits (and a crappie)

-ebby-

These baits are made out of resin in a silicone mold (when i make them) and then a photofinish is put on them (my photofinish is not the same as the ones in the pics, those are out of my league). If you have more questions feel free to ask.

i use screw eyes and and a stainless steel pin through them kinda hard to explain but i can get a close up pic of the joint if you want. i mold the weight into the bait when i pour it by hanging it in the mold where i want it.

Those are all about 4 inches give or take. What do you mean by no splits? like no joints? it wouldn't have the action unless you are looking to use one as a spearing decoy? Making one with no joints would not be a problem because i made a mold of it as one piece before i made the joints in it.

Ebby thats what I'm looking for a spearing decoy I thnk that would work awsome. I'll have to get a hold of you later and talk. I also think the joints might not be a bad thing either if it swims when hooked thru an eye on the top like a spearing decoy

elwood you can email me at ebbysbaits at gmail dot com

getting you one that is a one piece would not be a problem but im not sure on how to make them glide right, i am planning on playing around with it at some point though. if you have some ideas about weighting and that kind of stuff i might be able to get one that works for you. As for the joints i doubt it would swim with the eye on the top unless we get the fins on the bottom just right and im not really sure how to do the fins with a single piece.

shoot me an email or post here and we can figure something out

The physics behind the swimming basically all begins at the nose, I'd agree that it'd be really hard to get a jointed lure to swim with a line tie on the top. I can't picture a way to do it right.

However those wraps would very much work well with spearing decoys!! I'm surprised I don't see photo-finishing techniques more often with decoys in fact.