• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lewis and Clark

Just got back from there this afternoon. We fished below the dam and had a great day. 23.5" and 18" were the biggest walleyes, but caught a lot of fish period. Smallies, catfish, sauger, walleyes, and the occasional accidental paddlefish. Great day on the water. I have heard that the fishing on the big lake is hot as well, but they are deep for whatever reason. I think about the time you get here, they will be moving in.

This has been a really great year for Gavins Point. Let me know what your gameplan is and I will do everything I can to put you on some fish. We jigged down below and caught fish all morning long. I think it is just going to get better.

The depths below fluctuate quite a bit, but you can generally find fish throughout. If I had to pick a "perfect" depth from last Saturday, 12-14 feet seemed to produce the most. Two words...current seams...

From the ramps, you will encounter 5 feet to approx 25 feet. Travel is really pretty safe to and from.

As far as up top, I haven't fished it, but the last thing I heard the eyes were at 50 feet. I assume they have come in quite a ways since as it is starting to cool down. The presentations really remain the same, as far as I am concerned. Down below, lots of people were anchoring, but we used the trolling motor to look for biters.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I think you will do just fine.

Captain Norms will load you up with minnows.