• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

XM Satellite Receivers

JimBuck

I currently subscribe to XM Satellite radio that runs through my cars stereo. I've been interested in changing my subscription to a portable XM receiver to use on the ice and in the boat.

Does anyone have experience with the portable XM receivers? Any recommendations?

I have had a mi-fi and loved it for years but it has since crapped out on me. Just got to be where the battery wouldn't charge. I now have a pioneer inno 1 and it works like an ipod also but you can put your mp3s on it too as well as record from live. Only prob I have with it is to listen to it in the truck YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE CAR CRADLE to have the fm transmitter to work. All in all though I love it and use it daily. Opie and Anthony 202 great show!

Nope no dead spots. I rigged my Starmate up in the boat on Kabetogama a few years ago for opener and it worked the whole time. If it works up there it will work anywhere. I rigged it up just like I do in the car but for the fish house and the garage I have a boombox docking station that runs on 8 D batteries or you can plug it into the wall. But I have rigged it to a regualar boombox before you just need to wrap the FM antenna comming off the Sirius reciever around the extendable antenna on the boombox. Other than that you need a 12v outlet to plug into for power (I bought a outlet that has alligator clips on the + and - wires so you just clip it to the battery)and then run the Sattelite antenna outside and set that up on the roof of the house.

Are you going to cancel the one in your car if you get a portable?

It is kinda hard to get "bad" reception up here...impossible on a lake in fact. The only time I have bad signal is under thick tall pine trees or like in a building. The best way is the fm transmitter. I leave it in the truck and my Dewalt jobsite radio will pickup the signal in side the house....any fm radio works that has a good antenna. To use it alone in the house it wont get signal threw a house roof. fish house -portable-yes Metal no way.

its satellite radio, so if it has a view of the sky it will work. I have the sirius version of the portable radio/mp3 player. i use it in both vehicles (i have the car dock) i also use it in the fishouse, the boat, while working outside (connected to the dewalt). its a great tool