• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Vince Flynn fans out there?

thorski

I have never been a big "book reader" before. But, I happen to pick up a Vince Flynn book to read. Wow! I couldn't put it down. I have read two of the books in the "Mitch Rapp" series in the last 3 weeks. I have heard that there is going to be a movie or tv show made based on the character. Can't wait to read another one of Flynn's books. Anyone have a favorite Mitch Rapp book?

I'm not much for book reading but these books have perked my interest in possibly picking up a few of them, starting at the beginning of the series. He is a guest on Dan Barreiro every now and then and I enjoy listening to their discussions about the book series and other current events.

Apparently he has helped write some of the show '24' which is one of my favorite TV shows, but he claims they stole some of his material from his books to incorporate into the show and so he's not real happy with them anymore!

I'll have to find his earlier books online and start from there. Everybody seems to really like them.

Everyone of his books have been really good. I highly recommend all 10 of them. Like the J-Man said start with the first one if you can. I met Vince last February at Ft. Lewis and he's a really nice guy and a huge supporter of the MN National Guard and military families. He's donated a bunch of books to the troops. Thanks Vince.

I small example of Vince supporting our Minnesota National Guard.

More than 400 people came out to support Minnesota Military Appreciation Fund (MMAF) and hear New York Times best-selling author and fellow Minnesotan, Vince Flynn, speak at MMAF's fundraising dinner on November 10, 2009 at the Golden Valley Country Club.

Over $400,000 was raised, including an unexpected, on-the-spot donation of $10,000 by Flynn. 100% of funds raised will go directly to Minnesota service members and their families, as the event was underwritten by Sit Investment Associates, Inc. Vince Flynn also waived his speaking fees.

It was a memorable evening with first-class entertainment by a 50-member choir and brass ensemble. WCCO-TV Anchor Don Shelby served as Master of Ceremonies.

Some of the highlights include Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Jack Vessey, presenting an MMAF grant to injured soldier PFC Matthew Birr. Vessey and PFC Birr shared a special connection - PFC Birr served in the same unit that General Vessey commanded years ago. PFC Birr was eligible to receive a greater grant award due to his severe injuries, but refused to accept one as he is determined to rehabilitate and return to the Army.

Following Birr was the wife of SGT 1st Class Dan Guderjan, Jennifer Guderjan, who painted a vivid picture of the sacrifices a spouse makes when their loved one is deployed. The constant underlying worry, the demands of caring for their two young children alone, and her poignant plea to "never forget" left many with tears in their eyes.

Then SSG Scott Adams recounted the injuries he sustained while serving on his 6th tour of duty. SSG Adams was grateful for the MMAF grant he received which helped him transition to civilian life.

Vince Flynn capped the evening with an entertaining account of his humble background and rise as a novelist. Flynn writes political thrillers, and he has become known for his meticulous research and keen observations regarding world affairs. Flynn humorously spoke of his encounters with President (George W.) Bush and President Clinton - both fans of his writing. Flynn believes that his respect for the military and love of our country has resonated with readers and driven sales of his books. The evening was a powerful, emotional, tribute to our Service Members that was enjoyed by all.

Thanks again Vince and to EVERYONE who supports our military.