• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shore Gathering - Sept. 13th - Anoka

I'm in!! That's only minutes from my house. Are there going to be any specific fishing times? I fish that area all of the time. (I'd be glad to share some info) There is a launch in Anoka on the East side of the Rum river and a nice big set of docks at the park next to where the Rum enters the Mississippi.---that particular point is a favorite with the locals.

What?
Gathering of FM shore anglers and guests (spouses, kids, friends, cellmates, etc.) for some early fall river action and meeting fellow FMers on the greensward, or beside the tailgate.
Where?
Peninsula Point Park in Anoka (Rum River flows into Mississippi River). A map will be posted later when I figure out how grin.gif
When?
Saturday, September 13th 2003 - all day (until it's time to go to Carver).
How?
Plenty of shoreline and features to fish, a boat launch across the river, a few picnic tables, some lawn, some shade, barrier-free access to the shoreline (Mississippi Point, at least - dunno 'bout Peninsula Point) and plenty of parking lot to tailgate in.
Bring?
Potluck picnic kind of stuff and beverages of your choice (at your own risk).
We'll have a turkey frier on hand for (hopefully) a fish-fry. This event has no fee, 'cause we're not getting a pavillion or anything like that. Just folks gettin' together for fishin' and socializin'. Come one come all!
For the Kids!!
Every kid that shows up gets a tackle "surprise grab-bag" courtesy of donations by the FM Pro Staff!

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

[This message has been edited by Aquaman01 (edited 07-31-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Aquaman01 (edited 07-31-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Aquaman01 (edited 09-03-2003).]

ReBump - got the goodie-bag supplies from gracious donators and no kid will leave empty-handed!

Very Special Thanks to FishingMN Pro Staff contributors -

Crappie Tom
Northlander
Guts
Catch'n

and the businesses that generously donated tackle and goodies -

TSJigs
The Gateway Store (Kabetogama, MN)
The Bait Box (Superior, WI)
Catch'n Tackle

Now it's just up to all the fine and talented fisherfolk to put some walleye in that frier! wink.gif
------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
"The bow is set to distant shore,
then loss is gained and gains once more.
When beach is reached and sails are torn,
the journey is it's own reward."

[This message has been edited by Aquaman01 (edited 09-03-2003).]

CASTING CONTEST!! (mid-morning, like 10 am or so)
Thanks to The Gateway Store (Kabetogama, MN) there are a few items who's uniqueness defies a grab-bag, so there will be a bit of gaming.

20' into a 5-gallon bucket (or 30' into a hoola-hoop if someone wants to bring a hools hoop), for kids under 12.

Every contestant gets a little something extra just for trying, and the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place contestants get a little something...unique, for best hits out of 5 tries!

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{

Aquaman,

It's too bad I can't be at this years event.....would've been perfect timing too cuz we always hunt the early goose opener then usually take a weekend off of goose hunting for other things such as fall fishing. Can you do me a favor and say something at the gathering about my being in Iraq even though I have never met many of you face to face? Thanks...

SGT Riverbaser(Jeremy Hinton))

You bet I will, Jeremy! I'll raise a toast to you!

I "pre-fished" the park and did a little recon with my daughter (2) and she showed me up nicely - she got a 13" smallmouth and two big Redhorse suckers for the cut-bait stock (crawler-onna-bottom). Some other people were getting carp on corn. I'd bet some doughbait or boilies would provide action, too. I didn't throw any artificials - I was too busy building little wooden "mouse-houses" out of sticks in the sand grin.gif

I'm gonna set up the frier and the banner at the big fire-pit on the point, even though the picnic tables are up near the facilities building.
There is lots of shoreline on both the rum and Missy to fish.
Sand/silt bottom, some rock patches, and the only rigs I lost were to trees above my head
blush.gif

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{

[This message has been edited by Aquaman01 (edited 09-06-2003).]

Too bad I have to work the day, or I might consider doing that one too.

I'm not sure if I'll be attending the Carver gathering unless we get some rain by then (which sounds like we might, thankfully) As I'd like to bring the boat along... but don't really want to be bumping stumps/rocks all the way up as I got a long shaft, so she draws a little more water. Otherwise I have some other tenative plans that night as well.. so prally won't make the decision till later in the week. Might run down there on Thrus/Friday just to check to see if the launch is open or not...

We had a good time. One kid fished and caught a nice Redhorse, and I almost caught something that spooled me when I had my back turned (oops!). It was good to fish and talk with Rick, his brother, his wonderful children, his relations who stopped by and an old guy we didn't know who found himself the center of kid's attention every time his oatmeal rig caught a nice carp! Mr. & Mrs. Wounded Minnow showed up for a bit, as well.

The casting contest was fun and Rick's youngest learned to cast that day.

Sgt. Riverbasher was toasted at Carver, over a campfire, under a full moon and stars - the same moon & stars you see over there every night, Jeremy.

Thanks again to everyone who helped out & contributed!

Peace to all,

Rob

Thanks Aquaman,
I think I owe you an invite to my new boat, the Riverbasher 2, when I get back, although I don't know for sure when that will be yet. We have campfires over here...although they are for burning human waste......not really anyway you can safely roast any marshmallows over that fire. No brews either, unless you count N/A beer....Hopefully I'll get to meet a bunch of you when I get back.

The Riverbasher

Unfortunately yes, although being as I am a signal guy here at our site we don't really have to do that cuz we are just signal support for the unit we are providing commo to. Still, when the wind is right, and it is right quite often, the early morning and early evening air are filled with that wonderful aroma of buring poo......