• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Starflight Fobs???

Johnsonator

I bought a set and tried to make them work with my set up. I couldn't get clearance from my cables and ended up giving them away. On several very practical notes, I think they are great. However, I absolutely could not get used to how they look. They really made my arrow not look like an arrow-- too funky looking for me. I'm not a hardcore traditional archery dude, but that was too space age looking for me.

I think DD gave them a shot- maybe he'll chime in.

I'm on my second year of using them. Like scoot, I have a hard time with how they look.. HOWEVER, the do shoot far better than my vanes ever did with broadheads.. getting clearance and getting your fall away to fall fast enough are the biggest issues with them.. But they are not expensive, its a piece of cake to fletch up a few arrows and they fly great!!!

I tried to get them to work on 2 different bows, but while a few times I did get them to shoot well, I went back to the Blazers. I think they do have there advantages, but my blazers fly awesome, and I dont mind refletching every now and then. And yes hey look funky and if you shoot with other people they are going to ask a bunch of questions and wonder what they are. Then if you dont shoot well, they will think the FObs suck.

THey do work very well. I have to work with my setup during the offseason because I started getting clearance issues on my drop-away even though they cleared just fine during the spring and summer. I know my strings are stretching etc so I'm hoping to get everything dialed in again so I can use them for next spring.

I bought some after the season started. They group the same as my fletched arrows, but tighter. I'm going to wait to use them hunting until next spring after I get some more practice with them, but so far I think I'll be keeping them. I really like not having to deal with glue and all that mess.