• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clarirty Question.

DBL I noticed that you made a comment on this about your northern lights and other pics. For about a week I have noticed that pics that I load up thru 3 different hosts and post in different sites, like my facebook albums, are a bit out of focus. They as well as everything else look fine on my desktop but not in forums. Anybody have an idea what's up. Internet Explorer 8 maybe?? Thanks!

I've noticed the same thing on Facebook. It's to the point I don't even want to share photos there anymore because of how fuzzy they look. And these are images that are great here on HSO/FM, on my own computers, and on the computers of my clients.

I can only assume FB is doing something to further compress photos because with millions of members plastering the server with photos and vids, Bandwidth must be a HUGE issue.

Some photo hosting sites do indeed seem to have some issues with quality. Since I mentioned that in my post I've done some testing and I do not believe it is a browser issue per say. I've posted photos on different sites and notice a slight difference in how they are displayed on those sites. Which brings me to the software the forum is being driven by. I am no code writer but I've noticed different quality from the SAME photo hosted on one site on different sites. That by my thinking eliminates the browser and my photo hosting site.

I have noticed the same. I post lots of my photos on my FB account and I am always disappointed in how they look. The pics look great on my computer but when I post them on FB, they are not so hot.

I would be curious to hear if there was a easy way to post a hotlink on your FB account thread that would allow your friends to view your pics in a full size slide show type of thing. Does anyone know if this possible?...and if so, could you give directions? Thanks

Cliffy